It’s getting chilly outside! As the temperatures drop, homeowners must prepare for winter. Here are 5 tips to help you ensure a safe and claim-free winter:
1. Be sure to turn off your water system if you leave for vacation, or if you own a seasonal home. This helps to prevent pipes from freezing or bursting.
2. Traveling this winter? Don’t forget to turn down the thermostat! At about 55 degrees you’ll help prevent freezing issues.
3. Double check the roof and siding to make sure they are secure and intact.
4. Have you cleaned your chimney recently? Annual chimney cleanings prevent the build up of creosote, which can lead to chimney fires.
5. Feel a draft? Cold air or water may be entering your home! Examine your home’s exterior, especially around windows and doors, and caulk any areas that allow air or water into your home.
At Kemner-Iott, we are dedicated to provide you with quality insurance policies and programs. Kemner-Iott is an insurance agency built for you! Please contact us online with questions, or call one of our local insurance agencies:
Ann Arbor: 734.971.1000
Contact Kemner-Iott about our Home Insurance policies today!